Tuesday, September 6, 2011

LPG CONVERSION - REWIEW 11


Advantages: Cheaper fuel costs/extended service intervals

Disadvantages: Finding petrol stations that sell LPG

Recommendable Yes:

At the time I was driving an Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf,Any one that knows of these vehicles are aware that they can be a little heavy on petrol with the 2.0. v16 engine.A friend of mine suggested I look into an LPG conversion,I read a few reviews as I was not sure how a second hand car with 50.000 miles on would react,Decided that the car was worth investing in the price of the conversion. My first dilema was what sort of tank to use,ie a doughnut tank in the spare wheel well or a free standing tank in the boot area,I wanted a fairly decent range on mileage so opted for a tank in the boot as the wheel well was to small to fit the size of tank I required. The conversion was carried out by a local mechanic & other than a few teething problems with the initial set up I knew I had made the right choice.The car ran fine on the conversion & my fuel costs dropped around 35% . It is amazing how many people come up to you in petrol stations asking for information on LPG & what you think of it,A lot of people have heard of it but are very sceptical about having there cars converted. I never found it an issue locating Petrol stations that sold LPG,but even if you were caught short you just filled the car up with a little petrol & carried on your way. The service intervals that were recomended to me were double the manufacturers service intervals & the vehicle never let me down once, I have since sold the vehicle & the new owner is as impressed with it as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment