Wednesday, July 6, 2011

LPG CONVERSION - REWIEW 8

Advantages:
Cost, Improves range, Energy reliance, green, improving technology

Disadvantages:
Small amount of petrol to start

Recommendable Yes:

My LPG conversion was installed a year ago I had being toying with the idea for a while. after hearing my partners uncle had it on a Lexus I took the plunge. 2 grand a small wheel like tank in tool slot at rear of vehicle and it was installed. The LPG can be switched between petrol and LPG and the fact you can have a tank of petrol and a tank of Gas gives your car a longer range. The LPG tank is full for £20 as oppose to £30 for half a tank of petrol - such a big difference but the car needs a small amount of petrol to start so I keep a quarter of a tank of petrol in usually just for that purpose. If you get the LPG system installed correctly the car doesnt suffer much loss in power. I was made aware of rally cars with 200hp engines running on gas and I also drove a converted vauxhall calibre that really flew, overtaking was easy lets say.

A person I met through ebay informed me of widespread use in Australia because of cost primarily . The fuel is getting more recognition and more popular here I would think because of cost. The other benefits include not relying on oil diesel and petrol so much. I like to spread my bets with energy having a wood burner a gas fire and central heating incase of losses in energy. We experienced a cut off of electricity when Russia stopped supplying Europe and this showed me the benefits of using traditional/alterative energy sources perhaps a solar panel on a roof will be commonplace in a few years and windmills a common site.

As I see it the LPG is there as an optional fuel it really shows its worth when we go on a long trip to my parents. It has become the fuel we use most but having the petrol is essential as we found to our misfortune when we first got the car not realising the need for a little petrol. I dont like having to rely on a little petrol but its just a little niggle once you get used to the fuel system. Also you lose space in the boot where a spare wheel maybe kept or tools in my case. Apart from these small problems its been very good and very cheap so far. I must have saved £1000 in fuel costs so far which is half the instalation fee and I get a free service after one year so it seems a pretty safe bet. I will keep you posted because obviously things can happen and I wont count my chickens. This is the tale of a man who took a risk which has paid off so far hopefully in a year the cost of installation will be fully paid off and Ill be saving more. Sam signing out..

No comments:

Post a Comment